Wish is an American online e-commerce app and website that expedites transactions between sellers and buyers. Wish was established in 2010 by Piotr Szulczewski, James Prendergast and Danny Zhang. Wish is run by ContextLogic Inc. out of San Francisco, United States (Source).
Wish is essentially a mega-marketplace of weird odds and ends, promising big-time bargains but long shipping times. Amazingly, according to Forbes, it “is the third-biggest e-commerce marketplace in the United States by sales”.
Just recently, you can see that it gained close to 5 million keywords from May to August 2020. A pretty stunning traffic revolution for the brand.
Does It Have An Affiliate Program?
Yes, it does. You can apply to the Wish affiliate program here. It also has a referral program.
According to the Wish blog, the way the referral program works is “when your new referral makes their first purchase, your promo code will unlock a discount of up to 80%. Once the transaction is complete, you will receive your $5 reward. If you make 20 referrals in a single month, you’ll earn an additional $100 bonus.”
This is obviously different than an affiliate program where you would earn actual cash instead of rebates or credits to use on Wish.
If you want to learn how to generate fees from referral conversions, definitely refer to the Wish blog. They have a step-by-step process for converting people, whether they are your friends or customers.
Wish Affiliate Alternatives
If you’re looking for some Wish affiliate alternatives, the following brands, which compete with Wish in the Google SERPs, all have affiliate programs:
Getting Started With Niche SitesUse the strategies on this page in conjunction with my niche site process. Here it is in a nutshell:
- AuthorityHacker's Authority Site System (my review): a complete, step-by-step system to start growing your own highly profitable affiliate & authority niche site.
- A cloud-based on-page optimization tool: Surfer SEO makes your on-page SEO easier, faster, and more effective than ever using data-driven, real-time signals to rank in search engines.
- A reliable and fast hosting solution like SiteGround (my review)
- A brandable domain name from GoDaddy (my guide)
- A premium theme- I use GeneratePress but there are some cool niche themes on ThemeForest
- SEO Friendly Article Writing ($8-$12 / 1,000 words) from HireWriters (read: my HireWriters review)
- Powerful Backlinks from Authority.Builders (read: my Authority.Builders review)
- An automated social media drip campaign from MissingLettr
- An auto-responder to build your email list– ConvertKit is what I'm using (read: my ConvertKit review)
- Finally- you can always refer to my free step-by-step niche selection guide and all of my free niche reports for inspiration
Check out some of Wish’s top-ranking keywords.
If you scroll through the list below, you’ll see tons of weird, low competition keywords. Wish sells a lot of strange niche products that might help you brainstorm a lucrative niche business idea.
Maybe you already have a website and you can spot some relevant, product-focused keywords for easy ‘Rank and Bank’ monetization.
Just look at keywords like shark costume, Rambo knife, frock coat, canvas messenger bag, cat paw socks, and skull mask.
These are all low difficulty terms that could provide a lucrative affiliate payout if you connect with a different affiliate program, even the still-popular, though not nearly as lucrative, Amazon Associates program.
Dropshipping & Wish
Another thing you can do is use Wish to find hot products, run ads to your own Shopify store, and dropship the purchased products.
This is not my area of expertise- so check out the video above for a Wish/Shopify dropshipping guide.
Read More Of My Niche Reports
While Wish does have an affiliate and a referral program, you might also be interested in the Shopify affiliate program. It is not going to be as lucrative a make money online opportunity, but we can always get some interesting internet marketing insights from analyzing the keywords that this massive website and app rank for. In this case, you can spot some compelling niches, or just some potentially profitable keywords, merely by analyzing some of their top ranking organic performers in the table above.