Authority.Builders Review: Real User Data Case Study
I first started building niche affiliate sites in 2015. Like everybody else, I eventually collided with the familiar and frustrating conundrum: how to acquire high-quality backlinks.
While white-hat guest posting strategies were well known then, a lot of the grayer hat link building methods were still popular.
- Tiered link building
- ScrapeBox blog commenting
- Automated GSA Search Engine Ranker campaigns
- Purchased links
I’ve experimented with all of these methods except for the purchase of backlinks.
And I’ve spent countless hours researching the topic.
Since I published some of my research in my post on the best link buying services, I received a lot of feedback from my readers.
One of my subscribers contacted me about his experience using Authority.Builders. He provided some detailed information about the links he acquired and their effect on his site’s keyword rankings.
He purchased 2 links for 2 different posts on his site.
Below, I’ll share his results with you and discuss how Authority.Builders works.
Authority.Builders is a backlink service from Matt Diggity (Twitter Profile). It’s essentially a guest-post marketplace- enabling you to purchase guest posts on websites.
Case Study Results
The subscriber shared the following data about two links he acquired from Authority.Builders to an 8-month-old site in July 2019. It took 10 days after his order for the links to go live:
The first link was a DR 55 and the second was a DR 51:
First Link’s Effect
The day after the first link went live on July 20th, 2019 the page jumped from #17 to #9, onto the first page of Google:
Second Link’s Effect
The day after the second link went live on July 20th, 2019 the page jumped from #70 to #38, before settling into position #52:
Getting Started With Niche SitesUse the strategies on this page in conjunction with my niche site process. Here it is in a nutshell:
- If you want a complete, step-by-step system to start growing your own highly profitable affiliate & authority niche site, check out AuthorityHacker's Authority Site System
- A reliable and fast hosting solution like SiteGround (it's what I use)
- A brandable domain name from GoDaddy (my guide)
- A premium theme- I use GeneratePress but there are some cool niche themes on ThemeForest
- Image & graphics from DepositPhotos (all legal and licensed)
- SEO Friendly Article Writing ($8-$12 / 1,000 words) from HireWriters (my review)
- Powerful Backlinks from DFY Links and Authority.Builders
- An automated social media drip campaign from MissingLettr (my review)
- An auto-responder to build your email list– ConvertKit is what I'm using
- Finally- you can always refer to my free step-by-step niche selection guide and all of my free niche reports for inspiration
It’s evident that links have had an almost immediate and positive impact on rankings. When it comes to rankings, keep in mind that there are many other variables at play here.
Ahrefs provides a useful, visual overview of the importance of different ranking variables.
They say it “shows that link signals have a much higher correlation score than individual on-page factors (meta tags, keyword usage etc).”:
You can see that the URL Rank (UR) has a higher correlation with Google rank than Domain Rank (DR). What it means is that you should be prioritizing the acquisition of links with high URs, more so than high DRs.
At the end of the day, I don’t spend too much time scrutinizing these technical factors. My backlink strategy prioritizes a slow, passive approach to link acquisition.
Generally, I target DR 25+ backlinks and I use Ahrefs to find backlinks from a site’s most trafficked pages. Those pages usually have better URs and, if they have traffic, I hope to siphon some clicks, as well.
How Authority.Builders Works
Once you sign up, you’re prompted to add the websites you’re trying to get links to.
Then, you’ll get access to a backlink ‘marketplace’ – an inventory of websites you can purchase guest posts from.
Once you select the links you want, you provide your URL/anchor text/and some other optional fields.
Once purchased, Authority.Builders does all the work- writing and submitting the guest post for publication with your selected backlink and anchor text.
As you can see in the screenshot, you’re able to filter the guest post opportunities by a range of different metrics, including Moz’s, Majestic’s and Ahrefs’.
They also include Monthly Traffic figures- it’s important that the site, and the page specifically, gets traffic and clicks.
Obviously, there’s no guarantee that the page you get your link on will get traffic and clicks- but at least you know that the domain gets some traffic.
It’s definitely not inexpensive, but there’s a lot of work going on behind the scenes. Authority.Builders needs to pay for the content and perhaps even pay a publication fee just for the webmaster to publish it.
Features & FAQs
- URL Backlist: you can list out links you already have, or links from sites you don’t want, to prevent acquiring undesirable backlinks.
- 365-day Guarantee: Authority.Builders says “Our links should remain live permanently and should never be removed. We are currently offering a 365 day money back guarantee. If your link is removed for whatever reason within a year, we will automatically refund you the full purchase price. If it’s been longer than a year and it’s removed, we can reach out to the webmaster and ask them to re-post the article. Customer satisfaction is our #1 goal.”
- No PBNs: They “create niche relevant articles” on real sites.
- Turnaround Time: They say that “most orders are completed within 7-10 days after invoice is paid”.
- Foreign Links: They recommend you reach out if you need foreign links: email@example.com.
- Only DoFollow: All links are DoFollow.
Link building can be a distastefully time-consuming chore. Sure, you can build out your own process for guest post outreach and save some money. But if you don’t want to be bothered and have the capital to invest in your website, Authority.Builders offers an efficient and transparent process for acquiring backlinks.